"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cancer Free! YEAH!!

Since my last round and blood transfusion, I have had blood work and a PET/CT scan.  All have come back clear!  I went to a check-up earlier today and Dr. Matthay showed me my initial scan and my most recent scan.   What a difference!  The first scan had many white patches which were tumors.  They were everywhere, even in my shoulders, down my thighs, 3 next to my kidney amongst the ones we already knew about (mass in my chest/throat).

I am officially done except for check-ups, scans, and bloodwork.  NO MORE CHEMO!

My eyelashes and eyebrows are well on their way to regrowth.  My hair is a little slower, but I do love wearing my hats.
 

Amador Spirit!  Go Dons!


3 comments:

Kim Carolo said...

That is the best news ever!!
and I love this picture of you three girls :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome, so glad to hear it...

Anonymous said...

I photographed the Lucky Mia bracelets with twisted silver a few months ago. I have been reading your blog for a while and I'm so so happy for you Kaitlin. I had thyroid cancer last year- a small feat compared to what you've been through. But I know how it feels to be told you're cancer free. Congratulations, girl! And you've been able to learn and grow in ways a lot of other people will never understand. In life we have to experience a set back in order to be able to understand what moving forward feels like. And you're more aware of this than ever. Good for you! Take care :)
Love, Perri