"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Last Round with a stay at Morales Inn

Round 9 began on Oct 23 and was totally different as it was outpatient (my 1st).  For 3 days we had to show up at the clinic (drs. office) at UCSF and receive my chemo there.  For 2 nights we stayed with my mom's good friend, Rudy and his brother, in SF.  They live in a beautiful flat that feels like you are staying at at a really nice hotel.  We had great dinners (one with his niece Marissa) and went for several walks.  THANK YOU Rudy & Michael!  The 3 days went by uneventful and this round required shots at home, 7 in total.  They don't hurt, but I can't seem to get used to them either.  My counts did drop and a transfusion was necessary.  Of course on Halloween of all days!  Was bummed that I wouldn't be in town but then was better when I got to see the nurses in costume.  Loved the "bag of blood".  How fitting for this visit and a great idea for next year.  Spent the night at USCF and went home the next morning. 

My sister was a "baby" with feety pjs.  My brother and 2 of his friends decided to be a girls.  Perfect, we even have a wig he can wear.  He really went for it and let me apply his makeup (including mascara) and dress him.  He fooled many at school including his teacher.  The girls recognized him and then began saying he was dressed up as his sister, KK.

Kaitlin with sister Maddie and brother Timmy (little KK)

No comments: