"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Only 2 to go!

Can't believe it has been almost 2 months since the last post.  Time goes by quickly when you are having fun!

Round 8 went well especially since there was no port.  They did put in a PICC line that stayed in till after Round 9, but it was painless and made all the necessary access easy.  FYI - a PICC line is like an IV in that it goes into your arm.  However, it is a tube that is insterted and fed thru your arm up to your chest and into an artery close to your heart.  Round 8 was my last inpatient stay for chemo.  The hospital staff were lots of  fun and even made me a poster.  It was kinda of sad leaving on the last day.

Best part of this round my counts were stable and no fever, ambulance ride, or blood transfusion!




Between Round 8 and Round 9 was Homecoming.  It was a great event and I am fortunate that I was healthy enough to be able to go, with my nurse Cindy's ok :) 

My perfect date, Cody



My bff Alexis and our daddys

don't you love my fashion statement (PICC line cover)?

No comments: