"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just a Page in the Book of Life...

So one day in the hospital, probably back in June, I mentioned to my mom that I wanted to have portraits taken.  Her response, "Really??".

She began googling "Cancer Photographers"...  She wanted someone to be able to really capture what I was going thru.  What happened is truly the result of a higher power.

She connected with a great photographer from Colorado that has a little boy with cancer, Jennifer Wyeth. After a quick email introducing me and wishing her son the best and wishing she lived in the Bay Area, she wrote back and said "Let me see what I can do..."    This Colorado mom sent out a message to her photography friends as well as her facebook friends.  That message reached Marielle Hayes right here in Oakland who wrote us that she would love to do the portraits when I was up for it.  After looking at her website Marielle Hayes Photography, we could not be more excited.

About a week ago we (Cody, Alexis and I) met with Marielle at Tilden Park in Oakland/Berkely for the photo shoot.  What an amazing photographer Marielle is...  Even more so, she is an amazing person and I am a better person for having met her.  One of my favorite all time people. 

Thank you Marielle for documenting my journey so beautifully....










4 comments:

Jen and Bryan said...

You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You mom needs to blow that one of you siting in the field up and slap it on the wall! I have taken pictures of Carter (my little guy) throughout his little journey and those pictures will be pricelss when this is all behind us. I wish you all the best and wish I could just give you a big huge hug!!! You are amazing!
Jennifer Wyeth

Kimsfriendsandfamily said...

Simply Beautiful!
You are amazing Kaitlin Gallagher...

Kosher Tamales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kosher Tamales said...

Your beautiful soul shines through in these photographs!