"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Friday, August 5, 2011

Round #6 Short & Sweet

Round #6 came and went, 7.26-7.31.  I was at the hospital for 3 nights, shortest stay yet.  Sally, port goddess nurse,  was there to access my port, which went beautifully.  I received a spinal tap, my 10th, which is really not a big deal, and did the 3 days of chemo.  I came home Friday evening to a pizza party at the Fairchilds with Alexis, Jamie and Madelynn (parents were invited too).   Now it's waiting for my counts to drop and rebound.  My body has residual buildup of the chemo and its effects, so the effects are stronger and rebounding is taking longer than it used to.  No blood work though till next Thursday, 8.4.

No comments: