"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Round #7 - Bye, Bye Port

1st day of school, took my sister and brother to school, and had lunch with dad, mom, papa and nana at Oasis.  Saw Fr. Pradrig lunching with a friend and then it was off to UCSF for Round #7, a 5 night stay and only about 2 hours of chemo per day.  Much lighter than usual.

Port Access - awful!!!  The worst one yet, so much for a good day.  They finally got one of the sides accessed after multiple tries and a big fat bruise on my chest.  This would be the absolute last time I would let them touch my port!

My doctor and nurse, luckily agreed and after discussing the gameplan for the last 2 rounds, the port was coming out....  Best day of my life.  Luckily there was a surgery cancellation before I left the hospital and the port was removed.  I now have a souvenir to throw darts at.

My 5 days has now been reduced to 3 days.  Good news is I get to go home earlier than expected, Bad news is I need 4 shots of chemo over the next couple of days.  Training (and practice into a mini pillow) for me and my mom and we will see how this goes.  But we have already both said that it won't be either of us giving those shots. 

to be continued....

shots went well after the first one and my mom did give them to me...  probably will have to do this again for the last round.

No comments: