"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dear Jen...

So I have been here since Wed and have actually felt really good except for my throat, so I had lots of time on my hands.  On of my favorite nurses was working Thursday night so I thought I would write the charge nurse, Jen, a little note. 

Dear Jen,
As you may know my unscheduled hospital stay starting on the month of August dated the 3rd.  It has been a bump in the summer road on the streets of San Fran.  I, Kaitlin Brianna Gallagher, born September 25th, 1995 request the my night nurse for the evening of August 5th, 2011 to be the beautiful Julie, with the straight brown hair and thin girly figure.  If you accept this request you will receive a hug from me, myself & my mother as well as a peice of delicious cherry pie from the cafeteria.  If the request is denied you will have one sad little child in Rm. 749. (we don't want that).  If you have questions or concerns please write back.
Thank you for your time, Kaitlin

She wrote back ~
Kaitlin - I would love to grant your request & make you a happy girl :)    -Jen

As I write this, I am waiting for my blood counts results to come back to see if I can go home. ANC (part of the white blood cells) needs to be 500. Not asking for a lot since normal is 1800-8000.

2 comments:

chritine hoopes said...

Kaitlin, as far as I'm concerned, you deserve the ENTIRE pie. Please let Jen know that. Huggies from the Hoopes!

Kimsfriendsandfamily said...

Kaitlin, I love your spirit and am amazed by your continuing sense of humor...
...bribing the nurses with pie... clever
:) xo, glad they sprung you yesterday!
Kim