"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Birthday America!!

I came home July 3rd.  It was great to be home.  4th of July was lots of fun.  Morning at Nana & Papa's and swimming with Cody, Gracie, Alexis & Timmy (pix to come)..  Then went with Cody's family to a family friends' house for a bbq, fireworks and all.

Tuesday went to John Muir in Walnut Creek for my Nuelesta shot (helps my white blood count recover).  These shots cost up to $7,000 each... YIKES!!  Thank God for insurance, as my mom would say.

The rest of the week was uneventful, expect for Friday after having my blood work done.  My dad who usually doesn't let me do anything or go anywhere, decided it would be ok to take me to Kohl's for some shopping early before the store became crowded.  As we were checking out, I once again fainted.  Luckily my dad was right behind me and caught me.  Had it been 10 minutes earlier I would have been somewhere between the rack of summer dresses and tshirts in the juniors dept.  This time it was Kohl's that called the ambulance and fire dept...  Lots of excitement that early.  I thought the store staff were going to faint also...  I was fine, no hospital visit.  My dad signed the ambulance waiver and took me home...  

More blood work on Saturday morning...  got a call that my platletts were too low and it was back to UCSF for more.  Platletts take about 30 minutes to transfuse, so I was expecting a 2 hour visit max... No such luck, 5 hours later and I finally got to go home.  Oh well, as my mom said there were obviously children that needed more attention than I that night.

No comments: