"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Friday, July 1, 2011

Round #5 - Not quite as smooth as the others...

So I am in the middle of the 5th round of chemo.  The first 4 went beautifully, with very little side effects during treatment.  This one is going well also.  However, yesterday my body finally gave in, temporarily.  All was well... had a great Subway sandwich for lunch.  Slept most of the afternoon and was beginning to talk about dinner with my mom when all the sudden I didn't feel so good.  Went and threw up the red Gatorade I had been drinking during the afternoon.  It was down hill from there.  The nurses were awesome.  Although I was on 2 anti-nausea medicines round the clock, there are 2 more I can take "as needed".  Since yesterday evening I am now on all 4 round the clock.  But my tummy recovered by midnight and has been good since.  Ate very little till about 3pm today, then all was good.  Some buttered pasta, french fries, and a salad.  4hours later and it is still in tact and am watching The Soloist (a little slow but interesting).

Update 7/2 - I am doing much better with the nausea and am now back to my regular doses of 2 meds.  Not sure what happened ??

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Kaitlin I'd love to connect with you!! I'm going through very similar things right now and you are a total inspiration to me! :) stay strong!!!

www.inspirationthroughart.org

www.facebook.com/feliciarenee