"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

It's about learning how to dance in the rain."


Vivien Greene


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Coming Home

I should be able to go home tomorrow (after my spinal tap and a 2 hr rest period), which I am very excited.  However, my blood counts, although good, are expected to drop at about day 7-10, which means the weekend.  Lower blood counts increase my risk of infection as I have less healthly blood cells to fight off germs.

I would love to see everyone, but my parents have asked that visitiors be kept to a few at a time.  Please call or text before stopping by and please, please, please if you have any signs of being sick or getting sick or have been around someone sick, do not come by.

In addition, some have asked about meals.  Our family friend, Kim Carolo, has set up a meal calendar using the  Meal Train website.

Thank you all for everything you do for me and my family. xoxo Kaitlin

2 comments:

Kim Carolo said...

We are so excited you are able to come home tomorrow! Your spirit is strong and you are doing great Kaitlin! Keep up the positive attitude - it matters. We'll call for a visit after you've had time to settle in and get reacquainted with the Fam. I'll bring ice cream :)
Love you all!
The Carolo's

Anonymous said...

KK,
This blog is so cool! I'm so happy to finally get an update and be able to stay in touch with you :) Right before this all happened, I was looking at a picture of you and all the cousins & at first I didn't recognize anyone, lol. It's been soooo long: you've gotten to be so grown up and beautiful...and strong :) When I was telling my friends what was going on, the best way I could think to paint a picture of your personality was to talk about how the last time I babysit you, (yes, forever ago) you made me learn step by step ALL your dance moves to Fergalicious, lol, and you were just the spunkiest, most cheerful girl ever :)...and I think I still remember some of the dance after all these years, lol :). Well I hope things continue to improve rapidly sweetie, and you have a wonderful time at home :) Eat lots of pizza and ice cream for me! :)
xoxo,
Dasha